Livestock & Dairy Insurance
CUSTOMIZED LIVESTOCK AND DAIRY INSURANCE FOR YOUR OPERATION
At Compeer Financial, we offer several subsidized insurance options to help protect dairy and livestock producers against the risk of fluctuating prices and feed costs. Finding the right coverage for your operation is crucial. Leveraging our expertise and our exclusive Livestock Insurance Analyzer, we’ll collaborate with you to find the coverage that best suits your needs.
Dairy Revenue Protection (DRP)
- Allows producers to insure against unexpected declines in quarterly revenue from milk sales relative to a guaranteed coverage level while keeping the upside open if prices go up.
- Expected revenue is based on futures prices for milk and dairy commodities, along with the amount of covered milk production chosen by the dairy producer.
- Can choose from either the Class or Component Pricing Option.
Livestock Risk Protection (LRP)
- Designed to insure against declining market prices while keeping the upside open if prices increase.
- Available for fed cattle, feeder cattle and swine.
- Producers can select from a variety of coverage levels and insurance periods that align with when livestock are expected to be marketed.
Livestock Gross Margin Insurance (LGM)
- Available for dairy cattle to protect against the loss of gross margin between milk revenue and feed costs using futures prices for Class III milk, corn and soybean meal.
- Also offered for cattle and swine operations to protect against the loss of gross margin between the market value of finished livestock and the cost of feeder cattle/feed using futures prices.