Capital Markets Industry Experts
The Capital Markets Group provides financing to numerous, medium- and large-scale commercial and cooperative agribusiness enterprises. Due to the size and complexity of these clients’ financing needs, most of our relationships are structured as syndicated, club or participation arrangements with and through other financial institutions. We are primarily a “buy side” group, working with commercial banks, insurance companies, Farm Credit System banks and associations, as well as other lenders across the country to serve our clients’ needs.
Our philosophy is to build long-term relationships utilizing solid relationship and underwriting skills, delivering to our customers and partners’ industry knowledge and skills, fast and efficient processing and intelligent ongoing analysis and monitoring.
The Capital Markets Group has financing commitments all across the food chain, from basic production entities to businesses such as value-added processors, distributors or retailers. With our Farm Credit partner, CoBank, we also finance rural infrastructure entities such as rural telecom providers and power producers. We have a strong capital base that can accommodate the needs of the smaller producer all the way up to large capitalization corporate clients. We maintain core competencies in several industries, primarily:
- Grain warehousing and farm supply
- Corn and soybean milling, ethanol production
- Protein sector, including pork, poultry, beef and dairy
- Food manufacturing in proteins and grains
- Wine and spirits production and distribution
- Wholesale and retail food distribution
- Food and beverage packaging
- Timber and forest products
- Rural infrastructure such as rural power, telecom and other utilities
In the Capital Markets Group, our focus is on developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with our partners and clients. To discuss how we can work together, contact our Capital Markets Group.